As of today, Metacritic has a perfect score of 100 for JJ Abrams' upcoming "Star Trek." It's based off two reviews from The Hollywood Reporter and Variety:
"Paced at warp speed with spectacular action sequences rendered brilliantly and with a cast so expert that all the familiar characters are instantly identifiable."Oof, they both went the "warp speed" route. Tough Break. Hey- it's tough out there for a movie critic. Being original is HARD.- The Hollywood Reporter"Blasting onto the screen at warp speed and remaining there for two hours, the new and improved Star Trek will transport fans to sci-fi nirvana."- Variety
So, with Star Trek coming out in only one week, I am going to give a list of brilliantly original, totally unforced, completely hilarious, non-warp speed, Star Trek references that critics should definitely use in their creative reviews:
- This film boldly goes where no Star Trek has gone before
- Star Trek beams you up!
- Star Trek not only lives long, but it prospers!
- If I had to use one word to describe Star Trek, it would be "Fascinating!"
- There is a lot of intelligent life up on the screen!
- Dammit Jim, he's a doctor, not a heart throb
- Star Trek is not logical, but it's a great watch!
- It's illogical how much fun this movie is
- Star Trek will engage you
- Your torpedoes will be "up"
- Resisting Star Trek is futile
- Star Trek has not yet reached its Final Frontier
- With the latest in the series, Star Trek is not dead, Jim
Feel free to leave other suggestions for extremely clever potential lines in the comments.