Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kim Hendren Makes This Jew Write a Blog Post

And just when I forgot that Arkansas was a state, I read about this doozy:
Arkansas state senator Kim Hendren is drawing fire for referring to New York Sen. Chuck Schumer as “that Jew” during a speech with Pulaski County Republican party activists.
Uy.

But don't worry, he has an apology:
"At the meeting I was attempting to explain that unlike Sen. Schumer, I believe in traditional values, like we used to see on The Andy Griffith Show... I made the mistake of referring to Sen. Schumer as ‘that Jew’ and I should not have put it that way as this took away from what I was trying to say."
Nope. I was wrong. That's not an apology at all. His mistake is not because -you know- you shouldn't refer to someone as "that Jew," but because it took away from his point, which I remind you was: a belief "in traditional values, like we used to see on The Andy Griffith Show."

We are, after all, a nation founded on (that) Judeo-Christian-Griffith principles.

I bet he would get it right with a second chance, though:
"I ought not to have referred to it at all," Hendren told the AP. "When I referred to him as Jewish, it wasn't because I don't like Jewish people."
Or he'd get it wrong again.

Just to be clear, it's not because Hendren doesn't like Jewish people. It's just that he finds the easiest way to define and identity individual Jews, who he happens not to like, as "that Jew." It's not a racist thing. It's just that Jews are so obviously Jew-ey and that's what people think about when they see them.

He then stressed that we should be focusing on all the shit that black guy in the White House is getting us into.

No comments:

Post a Comment