Congress is hard at work on the problems that matter. When there is an injustice, Congress is there to take action and that is why they are having hearings on college football's extremely troubling Bowl Championship Series. Good work, government!
The highlight came. though, when Congressman Joe Barton (R, Texas) opened his mouth and made this salient comparison:
"It's like communism," he said. "You can't fix it."That the BCS is exactly like communism is something we can all agree on. Luckily, Joe Barton had the guts to say it out loud.
However, Rep. Barton then says "You can't fix it." You can't? Does the Republican from Texas not remember the crumbling of the Berlin Wall!? Ronald Reagan did that! We should follow his model.
Therefore, here are 6 easy steps to implementing a college football playoff system:
- The US Government should enter into a continuing state of conflict with the BCS.
- Contain the BCS by not allowing other Universities/ Conferences to join.
- Wait for the BCS to suffer severe economic stagnation.
- Increase the diplomatic, military, and economic pressure on the BCS.
- Wait for the BCS's central power to weaken.
- Reanimate the corpse of Ronald Reagan to get the BCS to tear down their wall.
Good Work, Joe Barton!