Friday, June 12, 2009

Kennedy's Teacher: "What were you doing with him?"
Kennedy: "Sorry, that's classified."

In stuff-I-wish-would-have-happened-to-me news:
John Corpus of Green Bay, stood to ask Obama about health care during the president's town hall-style meeting at Southwest High School on Thursday. He told Obama that his daughter was missing school to attend the event and that he hoped she didn't get in trouble. "Do you need me to write a note?" Obama asked. The crowd laughed.
But Obama, in just about the coolest thing I've ever heard, went for it:

Obama's absence note to 4th grader

And all I can think about is how many of my teachers still would not have accepted it.

Addendum- My favorite note to teacher story has to be mentioned here.

My brother, Amir, once came late to class complaining of a stomach problem. The teacher would not let him in. "Go get a note" said said teacher. Amir replied logically "my stomach was hurting me, I was in the bathroom, but I would like to come into class now." "Go get a note," the teacher dogmatically demanded." "From who?" bellowed Amir. It was then that he went to the bathroom, ripped off a square of toilet paper, jotted something on it and handed to the teacher -

Amir was with me.

Signed,
Toilet

1 comment: