Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sleeping With 1,000 to 5,000 Women Isn't the Interesting Part...

I am in love with the phrasing in this Q&A with Darryl Strawberry (courtesy of The Big Lead):
Q: How many women did [you] sleep with?
A: I don’t know. More than you should have, just put it like that.
Q: More than 1,000?
A: Oh yeah, of course.
Q: More than 5,000?
A: Oh no, I won’t stretch it that far.
Q: What is the most women he’s been with at one time? Four?
A: No no, I never went down that road… Maybe three.
Strawberry hilariously teeters between trying to come off as a person with normal sexual habits and his true reactions, which give him away. Let's take a better look at that sequence of answers again:

Question #1
Q: How many women did [you] sleep with?
A: I don’t know. More than you should have, just put it like that.
Look, look - I've made some mistakes. I've had my share of parking tickets. Pulled some pranks. I was young once, right? Look, I had a fling once during spring training, slept with one, max two, prostitutes. But come on - Remember that one night you got drunk and ended up waking up in that pool house with the girl with a third nipple? We all have mistakes. So - yea- I slept with slightly more girls than normal...

Question #2

Q: More than 1,000?
A: Oh yeah, of course.
I just said "slightly more girls than normal." OF COURSE I've slept with more than 1,000 women. I have a penis. I have needs. Add that together - that's 1,000+ already. Can you keep these questions interesting? I mean, have I slept with 1,000 women? Have I walked 1,000 steps? Have I continued to be alive for 1,000 days? Come on now.

Question #3
Q: More than 5,000?
A: Oh no, I won’t stretch it that far.
What the hell kind of a person do you take me for? More than 5,000 women? You sick, twisted mother fucker. How do you view women? As objects!? Is sex just a conquest for you!? Does it have no meaning? 5,000 women. Never, and I mean never, have I felt so slighted. 5,000 women? I pity you. I do. May god have mercy on your soul.

Question #4
Q: What is the most women he’s been with at one time? Four?
A: No no, I never went down that road… Maybe three.
I can't. I'm not an orgy guy. Don't you know what it means to become an orgy guy? It changes everything. I'd have to dress different. I'd have to act different. I'd have to grow a moustache and get all kinds of robes and lotions and I'd need a new bedspread and new curtains I'd have to get thick carpeting and weirdo lighting. I'd have to get new friends. I'd have to get orgy friends. ... Nah, I'm not ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment